A banner year in 2016!
Oh, what a great festival we have for you: more days, more events, more opportunities for literary inspiration.
Our 2016 roster includes J.B. McKinnon (100-mile Diet, The Once and Future World), author and naturalist Richard Cannings (British Columbia: A Natural History), novelist Caroline Adderson (Ellen in Pieces), creative memoirist Grant Lawrence (The Lonely End of the Rink), poet and funnyman Bill Richardson (The First Little Bastard to Call Me Gramps), naturalist and biographer Briony Penn (The Real Thing: the Natural History of Ian McTaggart Cowan), and celebrated jazz chanteuse and children’s book author Jill Barber.
Great things in store:
- Holley Rubinsky Memorial Blue Pencil Critique sessions with Caroline Adderson >
- Caroline Adderson on the writing craft in a special Wednesday evening presentation >>
- Opening Gala Thursday night with special guests & much merriment! >>
- Friday night, join us in celebrating the land with some of Canada’s eco-literary favourites >>
- Thoughtful, insightful & lively Saturday panel discussions >>
- Saturday night continues EMLF’s literary star-power >>
- No-host breakfast on Sunday: the perfect wind-up to a great weekend. >>
The 5th annual Elephant Mountain Literary Festival, July 7 – 10, 2016, is a big-hearted event in a small-town setting. A readers’ and writers’ festival named for the mountain that overlooks beautiful Nelson, British Columbia, EMLF brings in outstanding Canadian authors and presenters while celebrating our exceptional local talent with a line-up of readings and discussion panels to engage, inspire, and entertain.
Please join us.
The 2016 Elephant Mountain Literary Festival offers a gloriously diverse lineup of events, authors, and courses.
PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
Purchase tickets to individual events.