Support the festival!
In 1938 Winston Churchill said “The arts are essential to any complete national life. The State owes it to itself to sustain and encourage them.”
The fact is, arts organizations rely on grants—sustenance and encouragement—to keep arts programming accessible by keeping it affordable. But funding can be a moving target—and this year, for Elephant Mountain Literary Festivals, the targets were elusive.
Since the first Elephant Mountain Literary Festival in 2012, our growing list of visiting authors has become a who’s who of Canadian talent, and our regional writers continue to make us proud.
If you value EMLF, we ask you to make a donation this year. Help us keep the doors open and the arts flourishing, so we can continue to bring writers and readers together to celebrate the best in Canadian Literature, right here in Nelson. We need your help! There are two ways to donate. You can donate here, or through our GoFundMe Campaign here. The perks are great and will apply which ever way you decide to contribute and besides—as Churchill said, in essence: Art is Life.
With your help we aim to raise $5,000 these are the perks:
- $20 gives you a special toast (and a drink!) when you attend our Wine & Crime event (tickets at emlfestival.com).
- $50 gives you a free ticket to the Wine & Crime event, where we’ll raise a glass to you and put your name on our donor board at the event.
- $100 gives you a free ticket to our Saturday night gala-of-the-stars, and a chance to chat with the Saturday Gala authors in a special, pre-event Green Room social
- $500 gives you a Gold Pass to the festival, lunch out with the author of your choice (and we’ll pay for lunch, too!) plus a copy of the author’s latest book
- $1,000 gives you a Gold Pass to the festival, copies of the latest books of all the visiting authors, a chance to chat with the Saturday gala authors in a special presenters’ social.
- $5,000 makes you a Friend of the Festival for life! You have a Gold Pass for every festival in perpetuity, and a whole lot of other awesome perks for being such a VIP.
Please contact EMLF to claim your perk: firstname.lastname@example.org